Friday 23 November 2012

New York!



It has taken me a while to write this post, but I think that I have just about recovered from the amazing and thrilling and jet lagged experience of our last residential trip with Stockport College to New York, somewhere I have wanted to go since being young and seeing the Big Apple in films and photographs.

After a 16-17 hour journey from Manchester to London and then finally New York JFK airport we had arrived, we drove over a bridge to Manhattan and saw the wonderful, picture perfect famous skyline lit up and gleaming in the darkness.
It still doesn't even feel real that I have actually been there and tick it off my bucket list, I saw all the wonderful sights, Times Square, went to the top of the Rockefeller Centre, The MOMA, and The Metropolitan, went to Jersey, Brooklyn and Manhattan, all squeezed into four days. 










The trip was amazing and so eye opening to what life as an artist/designer can be like, I found all the advise we were given to be really useful and inspiring, and in some ways has made me more determined to become one myself, as I still don't have the confidence nor do I see myself as a designer yet. I found all of the artist's/designer's and people of New York to be so friendly, warm hearted and welcoming, (in some cases even letting nearly 30 students to have a nosey around their own house).
I would definatley love to go back in the future, however I don't think that it would be the same without Stockport College, all the hard work and organising, and the amazing studio's and people they had arranged for us to see and meet were so amazing and a once in a life time opportunity, that I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment