Monday 26 March 2012

Marchesa Fall 2012

When I was looking into laser cut fabrics and designers that use them I came across the work of Marchesa, a British Fashion Designer duo who met at Chelsea College of Art and Design in London. And began the company Marchesa in 2004, creating beautiful and elegant evening wear. These images were from the Winter 2012/2013 collection, the one dress that first caught my eye was the black leather laser cut dress, I thought that it really linked in well with the Giles designs that I have also blogged about. The Marchesa collection was inspired by the painting by William Adolphe Bouguereau, A Soul Brought to Heaven, this inspired the collation with its use of angelic colours such as gold, cream, white and ivory. Other pieces that caught my attention from this collection were the gold embroidered dresses, I thought that they were interesting, beautiful and elegant. 






No comments:

Post a Comment